Drip drop, drip drop. A leaky faucet is an annoying problem that will only get worse. Fortunately this is a problem that can be inexpensive to fix. Before you get started here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Know what type of faucet you have
- Determine the severity of the leak and the source
- Make sure the faucet is tightened properly
- Take the faucet apart and then inspect the O ring or washer
- Obtain replacement parts if needed
- Install new parts or new faucet
In the most cases the leaky faucets can be fixed by replacing the O ring or washer. If this is the source of your problem you want to make sure that you prepare for the job before you start with the following steps:
- Shut off the water
- Remember to cover sink with a towel or rag to catch any loose parts
- Make sure you have the proper tools
- Layout the parts
- Inspect and replace O ring or washer
- Put faucet back together and test
Tip: Take the O ring to your local hardware store to locate the correct size to make sure it is an exact fit.
Need help with your leaky faucet? Let Pro Handymen take care of that for you! Stay on top of all your household repairs, improvements and maintenance needs by calling or request service in your area.