Keeping your gutters and downspouts clean and free-running is one of the best and easiest ways to prevent water and ice damage to your home. Making sure the water drains away from your home also helps ensure that you don’t get water in your basement, especially during major storms, which can happen in spring. While many firms promise to clean your gutters, some try to do it from the ground, others leave debris on the ground and the side of the house, and sometimes the gutters just aren’t ready for incoming weather. At ProHandymen, we do it the old-fashioned way:
- Gutters are cleaned from a ladder, so visual inspection for thorough cleaning and damage can be made.
- Debris is put in a bucket so nothing gets on the side of the home or the ground.
- Minor leaks can be repaired using gutter sealant unless they are too wet, in which case a return trip is recommended.
- Downspouts are checked, especially at the outlets for clogging.
- If requested, we will flush the gutters using a garden hose to be absolutely sure they are draining well.
Gutters should be cleaned at least once a year (usually in the fall after the leaves have come off the trees), but some locations dictate a spring cleaning as well. Call your local ProHandymen for more information and a prompt and thorough gutter cleaning !